Volunteer at BAPS
BAPS relies heavily on caring volunteers to help with tasks that the staff and directors simply do not have time for. Staff and volunteers takes great pride and satisfaction in being able to save lives, to reduce pain and suffering and to give animals a second chance. By becoming a volunteer, you can share in this sense of satisfaction.
- Dog Walking – Take Shelter dogs for on-leash walks around the city, or to your favourite park.
- Animal Socializer – Come spend some one-on-one time with some of our many wonderful residents. This is one of our most important positions as it helps prepare our animals for life in their fur-ever homes and teaches some of our shyer residents that people aren’t so bad.
- Grooming – Spend some time helping our animals get prepared to win over someone’s heart. Our animals are always in need of a good brushing or even a bath.
- Transportation – A Transport Volunteer is someone willing to transport dogs or cats to other Rescues/Shelters in other cities, pick up cats or dogs from other Rescues/Shelters, meeting adopters halfway with their new family members, bringing cats to the Medicine Hat PetValu, and similar!
- Transport Volunteers are in high demand. It allows many more animals to be rescued, and to find their way to their fur-ever homes. Gas is reimbursed through the Shelter, so all you need to do is donate your time, love, and risk having a bit of slobber in your vehicle!
- Special Events – Volunteer to help out with some of our fundraisers and events such as the Hound Dog Half, Casino and Trade Shows.
Who Can Volunteer
BAPS has volunteers of all ages. Anyone older than 16 can volunteer on their own but anyone younger must be accompanied a parent or guardian.
- A love for animals and a genuine concern for their welfare and well being.
- belief and commitment to the mission and vision of BAPS.
- Time: Do you have enough spare time to commit to volunteering? Steady and reliant volunteers can be hard to find.
- Fill out a waiver form (available at BAPS) and if under 16, a parental signature as well.
- Attend one of our volunteer orientations.